What is the Science Fair?
- The science fair is an opportunity for Blossom Hill students to BEE CURIOUS while applying the scientific method to conduct independent research.
- The final project of each student's research is exhibited in a school wide science fair where the student's efforts are displayed.
- To foster enthusiasm for science and engineering along with an understanding of the scientific method of inquiry in young students.
- To promote an early, positive learning experience for all students in such areas as scientific literacy, self-confidence, presentation skills, originality, problem-solving, goal-setting, task-completion, and critical thinking.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2016: Kick-Off Assembly with Lawrence Hall of Science
- The school is providing students with presentation boards this year. They can be picked up from the Flex Room after school at 12:40 pm, Wednesday, January 27th. Those who can’t make that time can pick a board up from the school’s front office after that date.
- Friday, January 15, 2016: Applications due! IMPORTANT: If you are partnering with someone on a project, make sure you BOTH complete YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL application form so that we can make sure that you both receive a medal of participation and t-shirt. We STRONGLY encourage students to work with peers in the same grade. However, if you do partner with someone from a different grade, each participant must present the project individually, using their own boards.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016: Final projects due (please bring to the MPR)
- Thursday, February 25, 2016: Science Fair Exhibition and classroom visits
- Friday, February 26, 2016: Science Fair Exhibition and classroom visits. Family science showcase in Multi-Purpose Room (6-8 pm)
The Science Fair Committee will hold a series of three workshops to help students to brainstorm, to plan, and to present their science projects within the framework of the scientific method.
Students interested in the optional workshops need to sign up for them through this link. Spaces are limited!
We also need parent volunteers for the workshops. Please consider helping out! If you can, please sign up here.
- Wednesday January 13, 2016, 12.40 p.m.-2 p.m. Flex Room: Science Fair Brainstorming and Intro to the Scientific Method.
- Wednesday January 27th, 2016, 12.40 p.m.-2 p.m. Flex Room: Project Planning.
- Wednesday February 10th, 2016, 12.40 p.m.-2 p.m. Flex Room: Project Presentation
- Every student who submits a project will receive a medal of participation.