What is the Science Fair?
- The science fair is an opportunity for Blossom Hill students to BEE CURIOUS while applying the scientific method to conduct independent research.
- The final project of each student's research is exhibited in a school wide science fair where the student's efforts are displayed.
What are the goals of the Science Fair?
- To foster enthusiasm for science and engineering along with an understanding of the scientific method of inquiry in young students.
- To promote an early, positive learning experience for all students in such areas as scientific literacy, self-confidence, presentation skills, originality, problem-solving, goal-setting, task-completion, and critical thinking.
What are the important dates?
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017: Kick-Off Assembly (Grades 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017: Kick-Off Assembly (Grades K, 1)
- Friday, January 20, 2017: Applications due! **IMPORTANT: If you are partnering with someone on a project, make sure you BOTH complete YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL application form so that we can make sure that you both receive a medal of participation and t-shirt. We STRONGLY encourage students to work with peers in the same grade. However, if you do partner with someone from a different grade, each participant must present the project individually, using their own boards.
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017: Final projects due (please bring to the MPR)
- Thursday & Friday, March 2 & 3, 2017: Science Fair Exhibition and classroom visits
- Friday, March 3, 2017: Family Science Showcase, 6-8pm in Multi-Purpose Room
Science Fair Workshops
The Science Fair Committee will hold optional workshops to help students to brainstorm, plan, and present their science projects within the framework of the scientific method.
Students interested in the optional workshops can sign up for them through this link. Spaces are limited!
We also need parent volunteers for the workshops. Please consider helping out! If you can help, please sign up here.
- Wednesday February 15, 2017, Time: TBD
What are the prizes?
- Every student who submits a project will receive a medal of participation.
How do I get started?